Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Why are Zombies so popular?

As someone who is a gaming enthusiast; the mindless brutality  of these creatures makes it nearly impossible for the player to feel any remorse for them.  One of the most popular and successful games today is Left4Dead.  In an industry that is completely dominated by the first person shooter genre; I feel, and I'm sure I can vouch for others, that there is something immensely satisfying about mowing down endless waves of zombies.  Planting explosives in the midst of a flesh hungry mob leaves many gamers giddy with joy.
     The more recent movies that have been released haven't been horror movies but instead, they are mostly action packed comedies.  To me the zombie, while frightening is also ridiculous and hilarious.  I think it's that strange mix of feelings that makes them so fascinating for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment